2

Resolved

Tree and text get out of sync on Find

description

Also, I noticed a bug just now: when I had a file’s entire tree collapsed, I hit Ctrl-H to bring up Find and Replace, I specified the two strings, and I clicked Find Next. The first occurrence of the Find string was a #text item, and it was selected on the right side of the splitter bar. But the left side didn’t expand correctly/completely, so the item immediately to the left of the selected #text on the right was not the element that holds that value.

The workaround I used was to collapse everything, use Ctrl-F to bring up the Find dialog box, specify the same Find string, and hold down Alt-N (Find Next) until all occurrences were displayed on the right: that caused all the left-side trees to expand correctly. Then I repeated the Replace operation.

Many thanks in advance for your consideration and response.

comments

wedge905 wrote Jan 5, 2015 at 11:20 PM

There are other ways to get the left and right panes out of sync. Here's what I know works, this happens to me often:
  1. Open a fairly large xml, it has to be big enough to completely fill the left hand pane
  2. Expand enough branches that the left hand pane needs to scroll
  3. Now scroll the left hand pane down past the bottom of the page at least a few clicks
  4. Now collapse any branch
Now you will see that the left and right panes are no longer aligned with each other.

If you are navigating with the keyboard, they will stay out of sync forever. If you use the mouse to scroll then they re-align instantly.

wrote Jan 5, 2015 at 11:21 PM

clovett wrote Jan 6, 2015 at 4:49 AM

I believed this is fixed in the latest version.

wrote Jan 6, 2015 at 4:49 AM

wedge905 wrote Jan 6, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Confirmed. I can no longer reproduce using the latest code.