Can't edit form in Visual Studio

Jun 18, 2007 at 3:06 PM
This project doesn't seem to have all the stuff necessary to open the Designer, and thereby change the form. Is there something I am doing wrong?
Jun 28, 2007 at 5:06 AM
Edited Jun 28, 2007 at 5:16 AM
it seems MainForm.Designer.cs and some other .Designer.cs files are missing (for some of the forms at the XMLNotepad.dll project)

seeing same issue at issue tracker, it seems it's enough to uncomment #define DESIGN at the top of the form
Jun 28, 2007 at 10:15 AM
Is that all? just uncomment the one line and build??

Birbilis wrote:
it seems MainForm.Designer.cs and some other .Designer.cs files are missing (for some of the forms at the XMLNotepad.dll project)

seeing same issue at issue tracker, it seems it's enough to uncomment #define DESIGN at the top of the form

Jun 28, 2007 at 12:29 PM
nope.. not done yet.. get messages:

Could not find type 'XmlNotepad.XmlTreeView'. Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built.

The designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes within it can be designed. The designer inspected the following classes in the file: MyForm --- The base class 'XmlNotepad.FormMain' could not be loaded. Ensure the assembly has been referenced and that all projects have been built.

when trying to open those forms in the designer...
Jun 28, 2007 at 1:33 PM
Yes, but sometimes vs.net2005 SP1 (not installed Vista update though, running on XP) says (say when changing Language field of the form to "Greek") that the "designer didn't return the root object without saying why" (that's how it says it, something like that). Closing and saving the form and reopening it fixes the issue though each time and your changes are kept ok (say the "Language" setting - I was localizing the gui).

btw, I'd like to contribute greek localization (no greek help file though for now) if some addition to use current culture gui is implemented (see issue tracker)